Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Isaac's White Chili with Cinnamon & Jalapeño Pepper



My son is as interested in cooking as I am, and he follows foodwishes.com. He wanted this dish for dinner, so he shopped for the ingredients and oversaw the cooking of this meal which included the cornbread that I included with this other chili recipe (only I used whole wheat this time in the cornbread and less than 1/2 the sugar). The white chili tasted fabulous! The herb measurements are left up to the chef, so I don't have exact measurements on the seasonings for you, but I'll list the ingredients.

2 lbs chicken thighs, skinned & de-boned then chopped
1 onion, chopped
garlic
cumin
cinnamon
chipotle pepper
cayenne
salt
black pepper
oregano
1 quart chicken broth
1/2 red sweet pepper, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & choped
1 can tomatoes with green chilies

You can watch the video of how to make this chili here.