Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lebanese-Inspired Spicy Lamb Pizza


I had lamb in the fridge, and wanted to do an Easter dish this week. I ended up craving Lebanese food, and used that craving to inspire a Lebanese lamb pizza instead. I don't know why it is, but I seem determined to create unique and/or bizarre pizzas. Probably because I think everything tastes better on top of bread. Where I live, it's difficult to find ground lamb, although ground buffalo is everywhere. So I use a meat grinder and grind my own lamb from a lamb roast.


Lebanese-Inspired Spicy Lamb Pizza
Pizza dough, your choice or use one from my blog such as this
1 pound lamb roast, chipped or ground
1 potato, sliced thin with skin on
oil (canola is good)
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
salt & pepper to taste
handful of cilantro, chopped
Several Tbsp organic tomato paste
1/3 cup goat cheese

Boil potato slices until tender, set aside. In a frying pan, cook onion and peppers in oil with pine nuts until tender. Add ground lamb and seasoning, cook until brown. Sprinkle cilantro and potatoes into lamb. Roll out dough and pre-cook the dough on a pizza stone in a pre-heated 525ºF oven for 5 minutes. Remove dough, spread with tomato paste. Top with lamb mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Return to the oven for 7 minutes or until dough is browned and done.




No comments: