Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Elijah's Creamy Garlic Shrimp over Noodles


You may have noticed that my kids are taking over my blog cooking for me, while I'm too busy with graduate school to cook/bake. Elijah is my youngest (13), and he avoids the camera like the plague, but I managed to catch him making shrimp... for breakfast. I watched and recorded what he did. This is his own recipe.

Elijah's Creamy Garlic Shrimp over Noodles

3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup half and half
1 1/2 Tbsp flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh oregano, chopped

Saute garlic in butter until tender. Make a roux with garlic butter, and flour. Slowly add half and half and cook until thick. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and fresh herbs, add raw shrimp and cover. Cook just until shrimp is pink. Serve over pasta.



The last photo is of Eli's butter-garlic shrimp over rice from another day. He simply sautes the raw shrimp in butter and freshly crushed garlic.

No comments: