Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dave's Rosemary Salmon

Dave Latour is my guest chef for this post. He is a great cook, which is one of the many reasons I married him. He specializes in baking bread, but can cook just about anything. Last night he made salmon and I followed him around shooting photos.

He took a salmon filet and cooked it in olive oil for about 6 minutes on each side. While cooking he topped the salmon with 1 glove garlic, a bit of chopped fresh sage, chopped fresh rosemary, and covered it with a few tablespoons of white wine.

Dave says the key to good salmon (aside from buying it fresh), is to make sure it's not overcooked.

Hopefully Dave will be my guest again and bake some of his fabulous bread. He tries a new recipe almost every evening, so it shouldn't be too hard to catch him cooking. Dave recommends using King Arthur Flour and adjusting the amount according to look and feel, as the temperature of the room, humidity, and other factors change the bread recipe daily.





1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

I love your food pictures. You make things look so appetizing. I, too, am fortunate enough to be married to an amateur chef. Unfortunately my photography skills aren't quite up to par with yours.

It's weird to see Uncle Dave drinking a glass of wine. I guess you guys are much different people than you were than when you got married. Or maybe I didn't know you then. But it makes me happy to see that love growing.