Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tarte Flambée Aux Champignons

Tarte Flambée is a French pizza-ish dish made with crème fraîche and onions and sprinkled with bacon. My version is "aux champignons" meaning that I added mushrooms.  I also made my dough a little thicker, because I happen to like it that way.  I used this pizza dough recipe, and the photo above is a very small personal pizza, so the toppings look proportionately bigger than the recipe below might look. I also crammed more toppings on my small pizza than they usually do in France.  I can't tell you how amazingly fabulous this tastes.  Crème fraîche makes an amazing topping on pizza.




Toppings:


1 tablespoons oil, 1 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion (3 ounces), finely chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup crème fraîche
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 pinches nutmeg
3 ounces bacon, cut into matchsticks


Precook the pizza dough in a 425ºF oven on a pizza stone for 5 minutes. Saute the onion and mushrooms in the oil and butter, set aside. Cook the bacon and chop into pieces. Mix the crème fraîche with the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Spread the crème fraîche mixture onto the pizza dough. Top with onion, mushroom and bacon. Return to oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until crust is done.



No comments: