Photos on Fine Fettle Kettle are originals taken by Miriam Latour and under copyright protection.
Recipes are the creation of Miriam Latour, unless otherwise indicated.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wheat Pecan Salad with Honey-Coriander Dressing


Now that I grind my own wheat for flour, I have a bunch of wheat berries on hand. They make a great breakfast mixed with a little honey and cinnamon. They also provide a hearty salad for lunch or dinner. I came up with this combination for my dinner this evening, because my family were all cooking for themselves (a typical evening at our home with all the cooks who live here) and I was left to cook for myself. Well, I didn't feel like cooking. I had been in the sun most of the day, so I wanted a cold dinner. This turned out to be just right for my mood.

Wheat Pecan Salad with Honey-Coriander Dressing (One Serving)

1/2 cup boiled wheat berries (cold)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt to taste
1 oz pecan pieces
1/2 tomato, chopped
Fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
Green onion, chopped
Baby spinach leaves
Goat cheese

Combine the wheat berries, lemon juice, honey, coriander, salt and pecans. Place wheat mixture over a bed of baby spinach leaves. Sprinkle with tomatoes, goat cheese, green onion and fresh cilantro.

1 comment:

♥ Kathy said...

I love pecans and coriander...you don't see many recipes with coriander in them. I'm going to try this!